Saturday, May 22, 2010

52 weeks in the foothills: week 21

Turns out that all the survey tape was for the T3 Triathlon Timpanogos Marathon and Half Marathon.  After I figured that out, I was sorely tempted to sign up for it and run the 1/2 this weekend.  But there were two main problems:  I wasn't in shape for it and the weather looked bad.  Not being in shape was ok, I'm still foolish enough to attempt anyway.  But I didn't want to commit to run that distance given the forecast.  And it was indeed cold, rainy, snowy and a little breezy Saturday morning.  I was out anyway and ran into  a few of the race runners.  Looked like a great time.  

Anyway, this week's picture of Timpanogos is just a shot into the clouds in the right direction.  And that's how it was.  But it was fun to try to shoot a wildflower in the snow.  One of the pictures shows a squall line coming in from the north.  I didn't notice this coming through 'cause I thought the weather was coming from the south that day.  I was wrong.  But I did get home 5 minutes before the rain started.

Posted via email from mikemike's posterous

No comments: