Sunday, August 08, 2010

52 weeks in the foothills: week 32

Last December I came over a ridge and found myself about 20 yards from 2 bull elk and a small herd chewing their cud.  I wished I'd had a camera.  So I decided to start carrying one and that was the beginning of the 52 weeks project.  This week I captured a similarly difficult shot:  a lightning leader in full sun.  This isn't so hard to get at night because you just open the shutter and wait.  What makes the shot more remarkable is that the leader appears to pass between me and the bushes about 3 feet in front of me.  I went back and photographed the spot where the leader may have hit the ground.  No burn marks, no nothing.  There's some summer in the foothills shots as well.  It was hot, it was dry, it was dusty.  But it was also windy and stormy and that was interesting. 

Posted via email from mikemike's posterous

No comments: