Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The next "permanant" bridge to Bridal Veil Falls.

The last bridge to Bridal Veil falls (a waterfall in Provo Canyon on the way to Sundance Utah. You man recall that Jon Kraukaur dropped an ice axe through his calf while ice climbing here--as described in his book Into Thin Air) was destroyed in an avalanche along with most of the tram house (including the bench I sat on on a date at Bridal Veil Falls at which time my wife decided I was marriable) in 1996. Interestingly, I was skiing the paved Provo Canyon parkway that day in the epic snowfall. I would have skiied Sundace nordic center, but my nissan sentra couldn't make it through the snow. Fortunately, I didn't ski through the avalance path that night. But I digress.

There's a new bridge. Any bets on how long this one will last? I'll have to go see the placement and make an informed guess later.

Serious kudos to the people that made it happen.

1 comment:

Tap tap tapdo said...

Hi,

I have been thinking about a trip to Utah for quite some time now and would love to see BYU and Provo.

May be I should start working on getting my travelling companion (Jan, my boyfriend...he likes travelling too...he travels for places and I travel for people/culture....I think Utah offers both) interested.

This opens up the idea of you visiting the Twin Cities. Although I think I would be a great guide for a trip to India, I know the Twin cities pretty well too (atleast as well as one can know in one year).

Thanks,
Navs
(PS: Was interesting to note that your ideas on abortion and stem cell research tally with mine.)